1.04.2017

Wild Card Wednesday: New Year Ruffles

Happy New Year!  I hope you all enjoyed the holidays and have recovered sufficiently from them!  I started the new year with a virus and a sick household which hasn't been the most fun.  That said, I am totally not letting it get me down.  The new year brings with it new excitement as I have some new things coming down the pipeline later this month AND some goals for the blog this year that I'll be sharing with you some time next week.
Dress:  ELOQUII (Available here)
Seriously, I am all about making 2017 an amazing year.  My eyes are on the prize, and I feel motivated to stick to my plans and see what the future holds.  So, a funky little virus is nothing - it will go away, and life will keep on going.
Boots:  Target (Available here)
Clutch:  NY&CO
I am also embracing winter by deciding I will wear whatever I want even if it means bare legs and bare arms!  This dress from ELOQUII was just too fabulous to wait to share it until the weather warmed up.  I am pretty sure I had a fever when I took this photo, so the cool air actually felt pretty darn good!  The temps have been taking more of a dip this week and we're expecting snow tomorrow, so we'll see how much the bare legs hold up! 
Glasses:  Valentino
Earrings:  Target
The statement ruffle on this dress is just so great, and after a few alterations, I felt like this dress was made just for me!  The dress has a French phrase written on it - which means "to lie in."  I am alllll about sleeping in and allllll about lying in without sleep too, so I love the sentiment! ;-)
I thought about styling this dress with white pumps, but decided the boots were the better choice for winter.  I like that the boots add a little more of a downtown vibe to the look, which I think makes them a little cooler of a choice.  I'm sure once spring hits, I will also be giving the white pumps a little play too!
I will be sharing a few of my New Year's Resolutions with you all very soon - did you set any goals or resolutions for yourself this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!