8.14.2016

Shop Your Closet: The Red Suit

For the past two years, I did a series on color and confidence.  This year, I was struggling to come up with a purple look, so I decided not to do the whole series, but expect to see a lot of color this week anyway!
Pants:  c/o Eloquii (Available here)
For today's post, I am showing some ways to get a little more mileage out of a suit.  Red packs such a bold and powerful statement, and for the first look, I wanted to go all out.
Jacket:  c/o Eloquii (Available here)
Shoes:  ASOS (Available here)
I paired my red suit with a red crop top and a red lip for a strong dose of color.  The gold heels and fun clutch make this look ready for evening.  For work, I could simply pair with a more formal blouse and basic pumps.
Top:  Eloquii (Available here)
Sunglasses: Tory Burch
The next two looks I actually did wear to work.  I paired the red pants with a black tunic, white pumps, and a skinny white scarf for an easy colorblocked look.  
Black Top:  Eloquii (Available here)
Scarf:  Eloquii (scarf from jacket here)
Purse:  Torrid
Glasses:  Coach
For work, I added a basic cardigan to stave off the air-conditioning chill.
Heels:  Candie's
For the last look, I went more colorful, pairing one of my favorite dresses from last year with the red blazer for a fun take on primary colors.
Dress:  Eloquii
Satchel:  The Limited
Booties:  ASOS (Available here)
I used to wear a lot of suits but have gotten a little more casual as of late.  A great suit though is such an important investment, and it is a truly versatile purchase!

Normally, I would suggest sticking with a neutral like black, navy, or grey, but a red suit can be almost as versatile and definitely projects a confident appearance!

Need more red inspiration?  Check out these posts from the last year for more ways to incorporate red into your wardrobe:

Pair red with faux leather and/or leopard print!
Left to right:  Spring Transitioning; Winter Romance
Something about red and stripes!!
Left to right:  Reading Between the Lines; Baby, You're a Firework!; Fall Colors
For the dress in other looks, see here and here.
For more red looks from Color & Confidence 1 & 2, see here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!