1.16.2015

Preppy Simplicity

Hi everyone, and happy Friday!!
Sweater:  The Limited (Available here)
I hope you all have had a great week!  I've been super busy, but I'm hoping to get a little down time during this holiday weekend.

For today's look, I wanted to feature a sweater from my January wish list.  I really love the vintage preppy vibe of this sweater and, of course, the monochromatic color palette.

Camisole:  The Limited (Available here)
Purse:  Express
The fit was definitely more over-sized than I was expecting.  I am wearing an extra large (average) here, but I could have easily went with a large.  For reference, I'm normally a 16 petite on top, so this sweater would likely fit up to a 20, maybe even a 22.  It's 100% cotton, and it stretched a bit during the day.  I'm plan on trying to shrink it up a bit in the dryer.  I like over-sized, but this was just a bit too big.
Pants:  The Limited (Similar here)
For the first wear, I paired it with simple black skinnies and the lace trimmed camisole from my January wish list.  The low v-neck makes the sporty sweater a bit sexier, and the camisole adds a feminine edge.
Earrings:  Mix of two sets from Target and Trendy Little Pieces (Available here and here)
I kept accessories simple, adding a vintage jade ring for a small pop of color, and black and white Dior-inspired tribal earrings - created by mixing two pairs.
Ring:  Vintage
Heels:  Target
Do you opt for oversized sweaters, or do you prefer them to be fitted? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!