11.03.2014

November Budget and Wish List

I talked on the blog recently about how I've been working on my shopping skills, attempting to shop more thoughtfully and mindfully.  I want to have a closet full of only pieces I love.  I also want to include more unique pieces in my wardrobe to create a more individualized feel to my look.

In addition and perhaps more importantly, I'm working on reducing how much I buy and spend.  For the sake of my family budget, I need to get better about sticking to a monthly shopping budget.

To that end, I decided to start doing monthly budget posts on my blog.  Each month, I'll discuss what I want to get with my budget and how I actually spent my budget.

I'm a major budget/coupon shopper, so I will continue to rely on those to get more out of my budget.  See my post on how to save money for some helpful details and advice.

Now, comes the part about my budget.  How much to budget for fashion is a personal decision based on your individual finances, family status, and preferences.  For me, my budget is 5% of my monthly take-home income.  I've excluded my partner's income.  This leaves me with a budget of $150 per month for clothing, shoes, and accessories.

For the month of November, I'm budgeting for shoes and jewelry.

I'm always on the look out for shoes.  I've mentioned on the blog before that I have really hard-to-fit feet.  It's very difficult for me to find any that fit.  As a result, I have holes in my shoe wardrobe that I'd like to fill, and I have some shoes that are wearing out that I need to replace.

Juicy Couture Mila Peep-Toe Heels

Simply Vera by Vera Wang heels
I've also been obsessed with the Dior tribal earrings.  Since I can't afford the hefty price tag, I'm looking at a similar black pair on Etsy.

Etsy Tribal Earrings in Matte Black

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!