8.22.2014

Bzzzz...Black and Yellow Aren't Just For Bumblebees!!

There are certain color combinations that somewhere along the way I learned weren't okay for everyday wear.  Some combinations are associated with holidays (red and green; red, white, and blue; black and orange). 

Some get associated with other things...like bees.

Dress:  Eva Mendes for New York & Company
Well, like all rules in fashion, these rules about color deserve to be broken!

For work yesterday, I decided to pair my bright yellow dress with leopard heels. 


Heels:  Target (Available here)
Purse:  Express
What looks better with leopard than black?  So, I threw on a black blazer and added a black purse.
Blazer:  The Limited Black Collection (Similar here)
Rings:  Torrid
Necklace:  Ann Taylor (Available here)
While the weather outside is hot and sticky, my mind is on fall fashion, so pairing a lightweight dress and bare legs with leopard and faux croc is a way to incorporate some fall staples without melting in the heat (because I am that sweet, y'all...LOL).


The necklace and heels help tie the look together, and all in all, I'm really digging this combination.  I should wear yellow and black more often!  :-D
Bracelets:  Target and Ann Taylor
Are you a fan of yellow paired with black?  What are some of your favorite color combinations?

For this dress in other looks, see
here and here.
For this blazer in other looks, see
here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.

11 comments:

  1. The fit of this dress is super awesome. And I love that you're taking photos outside now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like black and yellow, I don't really think about color combinations. I think it's more of a mind thing because if you didn't mention the bee thing I wouldn't even think of bees. But yeah I really like the leopard shoes with the outfit, it really adds a great touch.


    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like this combo a lot on you! Not sure I'd do it, but then I've worn many bright colors against black. I think the leopard print shoes really make it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks fantastic. The leopard print shoes really help set the mood for this outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress is very lovely, and its bright yellow color makes it positive and fun. Your style touches of the black blazer and the leopard print pumps make the outfit just that extra bit more stylish. You did VERY well on this one.

    johnbmarine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much, Jodie! I am already trying to think of other parings with this color/print combo. I'm really loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Cheryl! I've almost always taken pics outside, but the open air photographs better than the brick wall, no? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Nina! I'm really loving this combo and am glad I gave it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Carla! I definitely agree - the shoes just really make it work. Hard to tell in the photos, but the pendant has a tortoise shell look which helps too!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!